Every month, we will feature the business or ministry of one of our members. This month, we are featuring the business of our Croydon Book Club member, Doreen Miller, Director of Purpose Care Ltd.
What have I achieved so far:
I joined the Croydon Book club just after the new year to and immediately joined the 90 day challenge on my first visit when the opportunity was offered to the new members who had a business idea and needed support with redefining their business goals and clarity. I have been a social work manager for several years and had pursued my business aspirations regarding a fostering agency and a home for teenagers but I needed inspiration and support as I was stuck and was feeling frustrated, agitated and with no sense of direction. I need support with finding with:
- Acquiring properties
- A productive network
- Creating new ideas and hanging around focused like-minded individuals
- A supportive, inspiring place where I could grow and in return give back to society.
At my first meeting I immediately knew I was in the right place. I immediately enrolled for the Accelerated 12 months Coaching Programme and Linda Muyobo was my coach.
We immediately scheduled a discovery session and Linda has supported either face to face or online. We set goals and deadlines which were mutually agreed. Linda challenged me and asked me questions that I would never ask myself and that got me thinking.
By the Beginning of May I have achieved the following:
- A 3-bedroom house and a 5-bedroom property being negotiated in the desired area.
- A place made by the local authority
- A connected and trusted local estate agent recommended by Linda who provided me with the 5 bedroom and is sourcing more houses for me as the local authority are desperately looking suitable foster homes for the children in care.
- Business mentor recommended by Linda supporting me with marketing and financial expertise.
- I am launching a children’s’ home in South London
I am recruiting carers/staff for the following roles:
- Residential care staff for the children’s home in Sutton. Must have level 3 health and social care and a DBS. Wages are negotiable based on experience but paying above the minimum wage.
- Foster carers for children 0-18 years, we offer very competitive rates. Must have spare room.
- Local care staff in Aylesbury supporting teenagers 16-18
Please send CV to email@example.com